The Product Idea boards have gotten an update to better integrate them within our Product team's idea cycle! However this update does have a few unique behaviors, if you have any questions about them check out our FAQ.

Alteryx Designer Desktop Ideas

Share your Designer Desktop product ideas - we're listening!
Submitting an Idea?

Be sure to review our Idea Submission Guidelines for more information!

Submission Guidelines

Change the the interface's font type or size of Alteryx Desktop 2018.4

Hello

Alteryx Desktop 2018.4 has a new interface which looks nice, but the labels and texts of its interface is difficult to read (as seen in the below screenshot).

It's seem that the interface's font type or size is not appropriate!

(Knowing that we didn't have any problem with the previous versions of Alteryx Desktop 11.7, 2018.2, & 2018.3)

So, I suggest to change the interface's font type or size of Alteryx Desktop 2018.4 as it was in the previous versions or to another font which is easy to read,

or at least having an option that allow the user to adjust the interface's font type and size.

My solution now is to downgrade to version 2018.3 where I have no problem at all regarding the interface's font.

alteryx 2018.4 interface.png

3 Comments
brucedataguy
8 - Asteroid

A few days ago I upgraded to 2019.1 from 2018.3, so I didn't see the 2018.4 font style.  I was shocked at the mixture of fonts used across the UI.  There's seemingly no consistency, and its appearance is not "easy on the eyes".  The "taller/compressed" (Arial Narrow?) for the "label" of options, with a different font face/style used for the "selections" is an odd design choice.  If there was a compelling advantage to changing fonts (e.g., grab just a tiny bit more real estate), then ok.  But, why allow the user to select a font / style under "User Settings > Canvas > Annotation Settings" and not for other aspects of the UI?  Just saying ...

TwilaMitchell
5 - Atom

Even with my contacts on, I have trouble reading it.  I really need the ability to use a larger font.

jpoz
Alteryx
Alteryx
Status changed to: Implemented

Thanks for suggesting this! The font was changed back in 2019.2, so this should no longer be an issue if you upgrade to a newer version of Alteryx.