Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!
The Product Idea boards have gotten an update to better integrate them within our Product team's idea cycle! However this update does have a few unique behaviors, if you have any questions about them check out our FAQ.

Alteryx Designer Desktop Ideas

Share your Designer Desktop product ideas - we're listening!
Submitting an Idea?

Be sure to review our Idea Submission Guidelines for more information!

Submission Guidelines

Change the Transpose/Crosstab to non-volatile

These tools seem to be volatile, as in if you click on them before you run the workflow they lose their configuration. This is infuriating. Can we change this to be like every other tool where you can copy, paste or click into it at any time and it remembers its config.

Nick

5 Comments
patrick_digan
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

+1 I've been tricked by this many of times before.

jdrummey
9 - Comet

+1

When using these tools inside a macro we can use the "Output fields based on macro's configuration or data input" option in the interface designer to preserve the fields.

Screen Shot 2018-05-07 at 6.51.07 AM.png

RachelW
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)
Status changed to: Coming Soon

Ugh, I can see where this would be frustrating. This is definitely not expected behavior. We have some changes coming to the Cross Tab and Transpose tools in the 19.2 release, which also address these issues. 

I'm sorry for the inconveniences these tools have caused. 

aaron_strain
5 - Atom

+1

I have had this problem with filter tool. All too often I'll click into the filter tool prior to running the workflow and then click out of it and it loses its configuration. Drives me nuts when I need to exit and re-load the workflow because I don't remember the exact configuration of the tool. 

KylieF
Alteryx Community Team
Alteryx Community Team
Status changed to: Implemented

Thank you for contributing to the Alteryx Community!

I'm updating this idea's status to Implemented as the correction to Transpose and Cross Tab was released in 2019.2.