The Product Idea boards have gotten an update to better integrate them within our Product team's idea cycle! However this update does have a few unique behaviors, if you have any questions about them check out our FAQ.

Alteryx Designer Desktop Ideas

Share your Designer Desktop product ideas - we're listening!
Submitting an Idea?

Be sure to review our Idea Submission Guidelines for more information!

Submission Guidelines

Change logic in Round() function

Instead of current logic standing behind Round function ([variable1]/[variable2], mult) more intuitive will be approach known for example from SQL where the second operator represents number of decimal places, i.e. [variable]=23,4567 with new logic - Round([variable], 2) = 23,46.

4 Comments
cgoodman3
14 - Magnetar
14 - Magnetar

This would make it more consistent with the round function in Excel where the second parameter is the number of decimal places you want to round it to. 

https://www.causal.app/formulae/round-excel

and I’d imagine most Alteryx users either come from Excel or SQL backgrounds therefore it will improve similarity between the tool tools.

Pawel_Paleczny
9 - Comet

@cgoodman3 I believe that generally Excel and SQL using similar concept for rounding and implementation this logic into Alteryx might be really beneficial, especially for new users (as you mentioned) probably with SQL/Excel background.

AlteryxCommunityTeam
Alteryx Community Team
Alteryx Community Team
Status changed to: Accepting Votes

NicoleJ
Alteryx
Alteryx
Status changed to: Not Planned

By having a multiple as the parameter instead of decimal places, the current Round function actually provides much greater rounding flexibility than Excel - for example, when you want to round to the nearest multiple of something like 5 or 0.25, not just limiting to rounding to 0.01 or 0.0001. We do not have plans to make any modifications to this function (not to mention all the existing workflows it would break 😬HOWEVER if you feel there are things we could do to make the descriptions or help documentation more clear on how to use this function, please do let us know!!