The Product Idea boards have gotten an update to better integrate them within our Product team's idea cycle! However this update does have a few unique behaviors, if you have any questions about them check out our FAQ.

Alteryx Designer Desktop Ideas

Share your Designer Desktop product ideas - we're listening!
Submitting an Idea?

Be sure to review our Idea Submission Guidelines for more information!

Submission Guidelines

Change Annotation Width

I just want to be able to make the width of annotations customizable. Yes, you can use comment boxes, but those aren't tied to any tools in any meaningful way. There is all this room to write out an annotation in the configuration window, but eventually on the canvas, it will be cutoff. Also, this isn't exactly the most friendly way to read.

I think being able to customize a canvas setting for max width would be awesome. It could be under the canvas tab of the workflow configuration. Additionally, the ability to adjust the width tool-by-tool could also be really helpful.

TomMolitor_0-1579025419300.png

5 Comments
Pang_Hee_Choy
12 - Quasar

i think you may have a comment tool instead. 

Faye_Karas
7 - Meteor
Great idea! Additionally, it would be great if the annotations can be 'exported' or included in documentation to essentially provide a process flow document for the workflow.
TomMolitor1
6 - Meteoroid

@Pang_Hee_Choy I absolutely agree, this is certainly where a comment tool might be used. To be honest, that annotation was so long just for the sake of being long. However, a comment box is not necessarily tied to any given tool unless manual documentation is added saying so.

@Faye_Karas Yes!!! I feel like I've seen this before, so I'm not sure it is a new feature, but that is the idea, to make annotations that much more useful. If I see it again, I will let you know!

KylieF
Alteryx Community Team
Alteryx Community Team

We appreciate your idea and feedback! We strive to improve our product and insure our users are being heard. Make sure to check out our Submission Guidelines and check out ideas submitted by other users and the other idea boards.

AlteryxCommunityTeam
Alteryx Community Team
Alteryx Community Team
Status changed to: Accepting Votes