Alteryx Designer Ideas

Share your Designer product ideas - we're listening!
Submitting an Idea?

Be sure to review our Idea Submission Guidelines for more information!

Submission Guidelines

Canvas Tilt

With all the talk of #TeamVertical and #TeamHorizonal an idea emerged for diagonal orientation. Now, it's a funny idea at first glance, but actually having the ability to control the general organization of a workflow could be very helpful. Imagine if there was a dot or arrow like in word that would enable us to tilt the canvas to fit our screens better. Like below, but leaving the text horizontal.

jarrod_0-1621531523040.png

This solves the problem with the Left Join anchors moving to the top and instead allows anyone to rotate their workflow to what fits the case.

Thanks!!

#Team45Degrees

4 Comments
CristonS
Alteryx Community Team
Alteryx Community Team

Clearly a Grand Prix strategy...

CristonS_0-1621614607279.png

I can't quite dismiss this as satire, so can you please provide a common enough use case where this would be helpful? As of now, you are 20% on your way to Product review - we're interested in seeing how this plays out. Thanks for your idea!

TheOC
12 - Quasar

If this gets approved, please send my apologies to the developer(s) that work on this! 😁

jarrod
12 - Quasar
12 - Quasar

I've reviewed the feature quite a bit and found a huge blocking point... At 45°, the canvas would have to invert.

The largest issue at hand is not horizontal vs vertical, but switching between H and V... It's all about that darn invert... I'm afraid this is probably more trouble than it's worth and while I'd love to see a better implementation of switching between the two instead of any degree of tilt along the way. 

MarqueeCrew
19 - Altair
19 - Altair

We will need the ability to tilt 45 degrees and 225 degrees.... maaybe the tilt should be numeric to allow for 360 degrees of slope.