The Product Idea boards have gotten an update to better integrate them within our Product team's idea cycle! However this update does have a few unique behaviors, if you have any questions about them check out our FAQ.

Alteryx Designer Desktop Ideas

Share your Designer Desktop product ideas - we're listening!
Submitting an Idea?

Be sure to review our Idea Submission Guidelines for more information!

Submission Guidelines

Canvas Tilt

With all the talk of #TeamVertical and #TeamHorizonal an idea emerged for diagonal orientation. Now, it's a funny idea at first glance, but actually having the ability to control the general organization of a workflow could be very helpful. Imagine if there was a dot or arrow like in word that would enable us to tilt the canvas to fit our screens better. Like below, but leaving the text horizontal.

jarrod_0-1621531523040.png

This solves the problem with the Left Join anchors moving to the top and instead allows anyone to rotate their workflow to what fits the case.

Thanks!!

#Team45Degrees

5 Comments
CristonS
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

Clearly a Grand Prix strategy...

CristonS_0-1621614607279.png

I can't quite dismiss this as satire, so can you please provide a common enough use case where this would be helpful? As of now, you are 20% on your way to Product review - we're interested in seeing how this plays out. Thanks for your idea!

TheOC
15 - Aurora
15 - Aurora

If this gets approved, please send my apologies to the developer(s) that work on this! 😁

jarrod
ACE Emeritus
ACE Emeritus

I've reviewed the feature quite a bit and found a huge blocking point... At 45°, the canvas would have to invert.

The largest issue at hand is not horizontal vs vertical, but switching between H and V... It's all about that darn invert... I'm afraid this is probably more trouble than it's worth and while I'd love to see a better implementation of switching between the two instead of any degree of tilt along the way. 

MarqueeCrew
20 - Arcturus
20 - Arcturus

We will need the ability to tilt 45 degrees and 225 degrees.... maaybe the tilt should be numeric to allow for 360 degrees of slope.

AlteryxCommunityTeam
Alteryx Community Team
Alteryx Community Team
Status changed to: Accepting Votes