Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!
The Product Idea boards have gotten an update to better integrate them within our Product team's idea cycle! However this update does have a few unique behaviors, if you have any questions about them check out our FAQ.

Alteryx Designer Desktop Ideas

Share your Designer Desktop product ideas - we're listening!
Submitting an Idea?

Be sure to review our Idea Submission Guidelines for more information!

Submission Guidelines

Can we lose the RIDICULOUS startup window for Alteryx Applications?

In regards to the little ALTERYX box that pops up every time I run my YXWZ file..

This is COMPLETELY ANNOYING!  I don't want to click the dang thing every time to close it.  It has ZERO VALUE.  I already know its ALTERYX.  SO LETS LOSE THIS WASTED STEP!  I have to run this many times when testing and for production, WHY DO I HAVE TO CLICK IT EVERY SINGLE TIME TO CLOSE IT!

I have a second suggestion... I tried to enter this suggestion, AND I KEEP GETTING A SNAFU because the IDEA LABELS feature in your submit tool.  LOSE IT or make it so I don't have to fill it in.  I get you want to somehow CATEGORIZE, but, if you can't come up with something useful, I am not a mind reader and I don't have time to sit here and figure out WHAT MIGHT BE THE MAGIC WORD that might be associated with my idea.  GIMME A BREAK!

Thanks

3 Comments
JessicaS
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)
Status changed to: New Idea

Hi @Inactive User,

Have you tried un-checking the 'show getting started window' in options > user settings? This should prevent the window from popping up.

We use the labels/categories to ensure your feedback is being routed to the appropriate product management team(s) as soon as you submit it.  If there is any clarification we can provide around the categories to make it easier to use please let me know.

Thanks,

Community_Admin
Alteryx
Alteryx
Status changed to: Inactive

Community_Admin
Alteryx
Alteryx

The status of this idea has been changed to 'Inactive'. This status indicates that:

1. The idea has not had activity in the form of likes or comments in over a year.

2. The idea has not reached ten likes.

3. The idea is still in the 'New Idea' status. 

However, this doesn't mean your idea won't be implemented! The Community can still like and comment on this idea. With enough renewed interest, this idea can be brought back into the 'New Idea' status. 

Thank you for contributing to the Alteryx Community and the Alteryx Product Idea Boards!