The Product Idea boards have gotten an update to better integrate them within our Product team's idea cycle! However this update does have a few unique behaviors, if you have any questions about them check out our FAQ.

Alteryx Designer Desktop Ideas

Share your Designer Desktop product ideas - we're listening!
Submitting an Idea?

Be sure to review our Idea Submission Guidelines for more information!

Submission Guidelines

Calgary Input - Add to Default Data File Pull Down Choices

I would like to be able to add an in-house built Calgary db to the list of data sources in the pull down on the Calgary Input tool. A customer database, for example.

In the picture you can see the Kalibrate Technologies Traffic Counts and TomTom US Address Points in the pull down. I would like to add my own Calgary db to the list of choices.

clipboard_image_3.png

3 Comments
Hugo
9 - Comet

I like this idea! You'd have to set the calgary DB location in the setting pane or somewhere but would be very useful for specific projects

blyons
11 - Bolide

I was just poking around with this and found that it is actually relatively easy to add your own database to the list:

blyons_0-1661797901934.png

All I did was copy one of the .ini files in C:\ProgramData\Alteryx\DataProducts\DataSets\Calgary to my own .ini file named "My_Custom_Calgary_db.ini' in the same folder, and changed the settings to give it a name and point to my Calgary database: 

blyons_3-1661798376982.png

You need to close and reopen Designer in order for this to be visible in the drop-down.

I hope that helps!

AlteryxCommunityTeam
Alteryx Community Team
Alteryx Community Team
Status changed to: Accepting Votes