The Product Idea boards have gotten an update to better integrate them within our Product team's idea cycle! However this update does have a few unique behaviors, if you have any questions about them check out our FAQ.

Alteryx Designer Desktop Ideas

Share your Designer Desktop product ideas - we're listening!
Submitting an Idea?

Be sure to review our Idea Submission Guidelines for more information!

Submission Guidelines

Calculate statistics after write in DB

Statistics are tools used by a lot of DB to improve speed of queries (Hive, Vertica, etc...). It may be interesting to have an option on the write in db or data stream in to calculate the statistics. (something like a check box for )

Example on Hive : analyse {table} comute statistics; analyse {table} compute statistics for columns;

16 Comments
Tanya
5 - Atom

I totally got it!

Your solution is a sophisticated one and I will look into adapting it. Mine is a simple workaround that worked in my case (Hadoop HDFS, 6M rows, run time 40 seconds). The stats are computed after updating the data in-db (previous workflow), and before in-db data consumption (next workflow). It's not an elegant solution, but it takes 5 seconds to create and it does the job.

I hope Alteryx will create a standard solution that can be used without going into macros.

simonaubert_bd
13 - Pulsar

Hello @KylieF  and @CristonS 

This idea is under review for more than 3 years now... It's very simple to implement and popular among in-db workflow users. Can we have an update, please?

Best regards,

Simon

CristonS
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

hi @simonaubert_bd I am working now to get you an update, cheers.

simonaubert_bd
13 - Pulsar

Hello @CristonS 

Do you have an update on this ?

best regards,

Simon

simonaubert_bd
13 - Pulsar

Hello @KylieF 

This idea is under review for 4 long years now...we have no news, no update for a very long time.

Best regards,

Simon

simonaubert_bd
13 - Pulsar

Five years under review.... Hello @NicoleJ Could we have an upgrade about that ? 5 years under review is really too much for an idea that litterally took a few hours to implement and is one of the most popular in its category ?