Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!
The Product Idea boards have gotten an update to better integrate them within our Product team's idea cycle! However this update does have a few unique behaviors, if you have any questions about them check out our FAQ.

Alteryx Designer Desktop Ideas

Share your Designer Desktop product ideas - we're listening!
Submitting an Idea?

Be sure to review our Idea Submission Guidelines for more information!

Submission Guidelines

Cache and Run All Workflow Inputs

As a developer I want to Cache & Run all/selected inputs in a Workflow with one command. Maybe even with a keyboard shortcut?

clipboard_image_1.jpeg

17 Comments
mbogusz
9 - Comet

@fmvizcainoas an alternative method (until this is implemented, if ever) I've started converting large .xlsx input files to .yxdb inputs (using a separate canvas) and I don't cache the .yxdb's on the main canvas. It's been working okay and I don't feel the need to cache anything anymore, if one's okay with splitting what could be one workflow into 2-3 individual ones

RithiS
Alteryx
Alteryx

Hi everyone,

Thank you for supporting this idea. Designer currently allows you to select multiple input tools (via Ctrl + select or selecting multiple at once) and then cache them (first image below).

Does this currently meet your need? Or do you explicitly want a new option and shortcut in the context menu (second image below)?

RithiS_0-1632322417704.png

RithiS_1-1632322495692.png

hogge3
5 - Atom

Hi

Thanks for your reply. 

Actually it does not meet my needs due sometimes we have more than 20 different inputs and ctrl + selecting could be time consuming so a shortcut / new option would be highly appreciated! 

Kind regards

Mattias

iambhartesh
6 - Meteoroid

Yay. status is  Coming soon

RithiS
Alteryx
Alteryx

@hogge3 - thank you for the context! That is very helpful.

CristonS
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)
Status changed to: Revisit

We recognize that this would be a useful feature, but it does not take precedence over near-term priorities.

Kenda
16 - Nebula
16 - Nebula

This idea is still accepting votes if anyone from this thread wants to head over there and give it a thumbs up: https://community.alteryx.com/t5/Alteryx-Designer-Ideas/One-click-quot-Cache-all-file-inputs-quot/id...