The Product Idea boards have gotten an update to better integrate them within our Product team's idea cycle! However this update does have a few unique behaviors, if you have any questions about them check out our FAQ.

Alteryx Designer Desktop Ideas

Share your Designer Desktop product ideas - we're listening!
Submitting an Idea?

Be sure to review our Idea Submission Guidelines for more information!

Submission Guidelines

Cache and Run All Workflow Inputs

As a developer I want to Cache & Run all/selected inputs in a Workflow with one command. Maybe even with a keyboard shortcut?

clipboard_image_1.jpeg

17 Comments
mbogusz
9 - Comet

@fmvizcainoas an alternative method (until this is implemented, if ever) I've started converting large .xlsx input files to .yxdb inputs (using a separate canvas) and I don't cache the .yxdb's on the main canvas. It's been working okay and I don't feel the need to cache anything anymore, if one's okay with splitting what could be one workflow into 2-3 individual ones

RithiS
Alteryx
Alteryx

Hi everyone,

Thank you for supporting this idea. Designer currently allows you to select multiple input tools (via Ctrl + select or selecting multiple at once) and then cache them (first image below).

Does this currently meet your need? Or do you explicitly want a new option and shortcut in the context menu (second image below)?

RithiS_0-1632322417704.png

RithiS_1-1632322495692.png

hogge3
5 - Atom

Hi

Thanks for your reply. 

Actually it does not meet my needs due sometimes we have more than 20 different inputs and ctrl + selecting could be time consuming so a shortcut / new option would be highly appreciated! 

Kind regards

Mattias

iambhartesh
6 - Meteoroid

Yay. status is  Coming soon

RithiS
Alteryx
Alteryx

@hogge3 - thank you for the context! That is very helpful.

CristonS
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)
Status changed to: Revisit

We recognize that this would be a useful feature, but it does not take precedence over near-term priorities.

Kenda
16 - Nebula
16 - Nebula

This idea is still accepting votes if anyone from this thread wants to head over there and give it a thumbs up: https://community.alteryx.com/t5/Alteryx-Designer-Ideas/One-click-quot-Cache-all-file-inputs-quot/id...