Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!
The Product Idea boards have gotten an update to better integrate them within our Product team's idea cycle! However this update does have a few unique behaviors, if you have any questions about them check out our FAQ.

Alteryx Designer Desktop Ideas

Share your Designer Desktop product ideas - we're listening!
Submitting an Idea?

Be sure to review our Idea Submission Guidelines for more information!

Submission Guidelines

Cache Tool Container Output

It would be great if Tool Containers had an I/O connector icon where you can connect the last tool in that container to and then Cache the container so that it wouldn't have to run every time.

For example, in the diagram below, the output of the Spatial Match would connect to an object such as the "I" that I drew below. We would then be able to cache the output of that container so that all objects in the container wouldn't have to run each time. The "O" would be the cached output and would feed the rest of the workflow. 

tavakian_0-1614121457927.png

3 Comments
KylieF
Alteryx Community Team
Alteryx Community Team

Thank you for your idea!

We appreciate all the feedback we get and it's great to hear how we can improve users experience and understanding how containers are being used. It looks like you're relatively new to the idea board (welcome!) so if you haven't yet be sure to check out our Submission Guidelines as it goes over the idea board process in a bit greater detail including what happens after you post.

SeanAdams
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

This is a great idea - it makes use of existing caching, while allowing you to develop one container at a time and then just cache that piece

(gets around the fact that you can only have one cache point on a workflow at the moment)

AlteryxCommunityTeam
Alteryx Community Team
Alteryx Community Team
Status changed to: Accepting Votes