community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Alteryx Designer Ideas

Share your Designer product ideas - we're listening!
New Data Science Blog

Check out the latest post: All Models Are Wrong

READ MORE

CASS Data install non admin requirement

Hello,

When working with my company’s IT department, they do not allow employees to have admin rights to their computers. This becomes problematic when trying to use the CASS download and not being able to install it. Is there a way to get the CASS data install to be a non-admin like the Alteryx tool? This would be very helpful!!

Thank you

2 Comments
Atom

I think this may be the issue I have too. I downloaded it but the banner telling me the update is available doesnt go away?

Aurora
Aurora

Hey @Talbanese - there's another suggestion out there under ideas to make the data downloads (like CASS) a capability that can be done from the server ( @Treyson logged it), and then pushed down to the designer clients - if you have a server env in your workplace this may be the ideal way to solve the problem because then you also know that any workflows deployed to prod server will also work?

Possibly worth adding your support to that suggestion too since central download would ensure consistency across the entire team?

https://community.alteryx.com/t5/Alteryx-Product-Ideas/Cass-Update-Workflow/idi-p/50048