The Product Idea boards have gotten an update to better integrate them within our Product team's idea cycle! However this update does have a few unique behaviors, if you have any questions about them check out our FAQ.

Alteryx Designer Desktop Ideas

Share your Designer Desktop product ideas - we're listening!
Submitting an Idea?

Be sure to review our Idea Submission Guidelines for more information!

Submission Guidelines

Bulk Loader Capability for Postgres SQL

Hi,

Currently loading large files to Postgres SQL(over 100 MB) takes an extremely long time. For example writing a 1GB file to Postgres SQL takes 27 minutes! This is serious impacting our ability to use Alteryx as an ETL tool for loading our target Postgres Data Warehouse. We would really like to see the bulk load capacity to Postgres supported by Alteryx to help alleviate the performance issues.

Thanks,

Vijaya

60 Comments
bora_perusic
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

All; the PostgreSQL Bulk Loader beta has been prepared, if you are interested in helping us with the beta evaluation, please, follow the standard Beta program to get your version.

Thanks for your patience

Bora

davidhenington
10 - Fireball

@bora_perusic Big step Bora! Thanks so much for your hard work! 

alexisjensen
8 - Asteroid

Hi,

I have been using the bulk loader in Beta.  It works brilliantly.  It has lowered 1 file loadtime (970k rows) from 60 – 70 min down to 2 min.

Regards,

Alexis

bora_perusic
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

@alexisjensen glad it works and thanks for helping us by being part of the beta program. 

Bora

dpark1
5 - Atom

I would like to be added the to beta program @born if at all possible. How do I go about attaining a copy?

I'm currently using Alteryx to move 55m from csv files into Postgres and using the \copy is pretty limiting and would like to use native Alteryx functionality.

alexisjensen
8 - Asteroid

Go to https://betaprogram.alteryx.com/ and sign up.  Access will not be instant as you need to be approved.

Alexis

Alteryx Innovator and Advanced Certified

JDong
8 - Asteroid

Hi Team, @bora_perusic @alexisjensen @davidhenington 

How can I get access to the Postgres Bulk loader tool ?

last message I read is it is in Beta.

Is the tool already available.

Please advise !

davidhenington
10 - Fireball

@JDong Unless there's been a major release since the post about the beta release, you'll have to access it via the beta program mentioned above. 

Once there's a major release i'm guessing it'll be highlighted as one of the new features. You can always review release notes to be sure. 

JDong
8 - Asteroid
Thanks David !

I did login into the beta portal but not quite sure how to download the
tool. I have signed using my email id provided by my company.
alexisjensen
8 - Asteroid

Hi,

This is still in Beta and still has some issues to work through as far as I can tell.

@JDong you need to sign up to the Beta program and be approved.  Then you will get links to the beta installs. Remember that if you want to install alongside you current version, one needs to be admin, one non-admin.

Regards,

Alexis