Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!
The Product Idea boards have gotten an update to better integrate them within our Product team's idea cycle! However this update does have a few unique behaviors, if you have any questions about them check out our FAQ.

Alteryx Designer Desktop Ideas

Share your Designer Desktop product ideas - we're listening!
Submitting an Idea?

Be sure to review our Idea Submission Guidelines for more information!

Submission Guidelines

Bulk Loader Capability for Postgres SQL

Hi,

Currently loading large files to Postgres SQL(over 100 MB) takes an extremely long time. For example writing a 1GB file to Postgres SQL takes 27 minutes! This is serious impacting our ability to use Alteryx as an ETL tool for loading our target Postgres Data Warehouse. We would really like to see the bulk load capacity to Postgres supported by Alteryx to help alleviate the performance issues.

Thanks,

Vijaya

60 Comments
JDong
8 - Asteroid

Thanks a lot for your support. I have signed into beta but have not received the approval yet.

Hopefully on receiving the approval can start to test the tool.

Is there a way any of you were able to capture the load times ? Currently even writing a 10 MB file into postgres is challenging.

Any other way to view the new tool ?

davidhenington
10 - Fireball

@JDong if 10 MB is giving you a problem then there's other issues to address. I'd start a new thread with your specifics and challenges. Happy to help over there. 

JDong
8 - Asteroid

Thanks...I could also check with the Alteryx support and there is clear indication that shortly the bulk loader tool will be released

alexisjensen
8 - Asteroid

I am using it now in the pre-release GA version and it is working really well. Having to enter the connection details every time is a pain, but worth it for the bulk write capability.  I just loaded 1m rows to a cloud hosted postgres instance with a preceding auto field tool and it took 5:59m which is way faster than previously.

Alexis

KylieF
Alteryx Community Team
Alteryx Community Team
Status changed to: Implemented

Thank you for your feedback and support!

We're excited to say this feature has officially moved out of beta and is now available in the latest version of Alteryx, 2020.3, which is now available for download! Be sure to check it out and let us know what you think in the Designer Discussions board.

davidhenington
10 - Fireball

deleted

thedr9wningman
8 - Asteroid

Apparently, responding to email means I'm spoofing my friend, @davidhenington .

Thank you guys for making this happen!

-Cedric

bora_perusic
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

Thanks for your patience, I hope you will enjoy this

Bora

davidhenington
10 - Fireball

Fantastic work @bora_perusic ! Proud to have participated! 

alexisjensen
8 - Asteroid
Really great work to you and the team!!!

Alexis

DISCLAIMER
This email contains information that is confidential and which may be legally privileged. If you have received this email in error, you may not read, use, copy or disclose this email or its attachments in any way. In that event, please notify the sender immediately by reply email and delete the email from your system. While we use standard virus checking software, we accept no responsibility for viruses or anything similar in this email or any attachment after it leaves our information systems.