The Product Idea boards have gotten an update to better integrate them within our Product team's idea cycle! However this update does have a few unique behaviors, if you have any questions about them check out our FAQ.

Alteryx Designer Desktop Ideas

Share your Designer Desktop product ideas - we're listening!
Submitting an Idea?

Be sure to review our Idea Submission Guidelines for more information!

Submission Guidelines

Bulk Loader Capability for Postgres SQL

Hi,

Currently loading large files to Postgres SQL(over 100 MB) takes an extremely long time. For example writing a 1GB file to Postgres SQL takes 27 minutes! This is serious impacting our ability to use Alteryx as an ETL tool for loading our target Postgres Data Warehouse. We would really like to see the bulk load capacity to Postgres supported by Alteryx to help alleviate the performance issues.

Thanks,

Vijaya

60 Comments
Atabarezz
13 - Pulsar

nice trend here :)

jfeinsmith
5 - Atom

This appears to be a purchase killer for Liaison who manages and hosts data warehouses and analytical tools for our clients.  Please indicate ASAP when this issue will be resolved, as we have a current customer for which we likely take a different technological direction and have not purchased licenses.

Thanks,

Jeff Feinsmith

OpenText / Liaison Technologies

apichart
7 - Meteor

We really need this feature. As this is the whole idea of choosing Alteryx over other ETL tools....

jemerson
5 - Atom

+1

Sfulleruwyo1
5 - Atom

I've seen threads on this dated to 2015 with no movement.... I'd suggest anyone else waiting switch to FME for your ETL. They have supported the postgres copy command for years....

Niko8181
5 - Atom

+1

MILKEYSUFC
5 - Atom

+1

This would be a huge win for our data processing requirements

ajsmith
7 - Meteor

+1

My current workflow takes circa 4 hours using the output tool directly into Postgres, or 15 minutes if I export to CSV and they execute a batch of copy commands. This needs to be addressed ASAP.

scallybrian
5 - Atom
+1
davidhenington
10 - Fireball

this issue is one and the same with GP in-db, which uses postgresql as a language. Bulk load is a must have. If you fix it for postgresql it could be used in GP. 

Not sure why this is in planning but Greenplum got cancelled...