The Product Idea boards have gotten an update to better integrate them within our Product team's idea cycle! However this update does have a few unique behaviors, if you have any questions about them check out our FAQ.

Alteryx Designer Desktop Ideas

Share your Designer Desktop product ideas - we're listening!
Submitting an Idea?

Be sure to review our Idea Submission Guidelines for more information!

Submission Guidelines

Bring the Tabbed Document feature back in version 2022.1.

After multiple years of using Alteryx, The tabbed document feature was left out of 2022.1.  This feature allows for a much cleaner canvas for exploring workflow and output data.  I view this feature as a basic function of Alteryx, I was surprised to find out that the development team intentionally omitted this function.   I really don't want to revert back to older versions but it may be only the way to have a more comfortable feel of Alteryx.

5 Comments
IraWatt
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

I looked at the Designer 2022.1 Release Notes | Alteryx Help It mentions "Interface Designer as a tabbed doc causes panel changes. - Fixed" but nothing about leaving the feature out. Is there any more information about this?  

cwilcoxmtn
7 - Meteor

Please Please - Developers.  If it ain't broke, don't fix it.  There's nothing that users like less than having to re-learn a software, just because someone wanted to do something new.  If it works - don't change it!!!  I want to use my time to analyze the data, not re-learn the software every time there is a new version.. . . . again.

AlteryxCommunityTeam
Alteryx Community Team
Alteryx Community Team
Status changed to: Accepting Votes

jross
5 - Atom

This feature desperately needs to be brought back.  I am having to revert to an older Alteryx version to be able to teach my class.  If I don't then I constantly have to keep hiding and unhiding the results as a popout when lecturing.  I don't want to view the results embedded because I am teaching with a small laptop computer and you can hardly see either the workflow when embedding or the results.  I guess if you taught with a 40" laptop screen then it would be fine to have everything embedded but that isn't feasible.  Please bring tabbed document results option back Alteryx!  This is a pretty substantial user discomfort flaw that you have introduced by disabling the option.

Crossair
7 - Meteor

I can only support this idea, makes no sense, consumes space  which I need for the canvas...

So, please, please, please, don't improve by remove in the future!!!!