Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!
The Product Idea boards have gotten an update to better integrate them within our Product team's idea cycle! However this update does have a few unique behaviors, if you have any questions about them check out our FAQ.

Alteryx Designer Desktop Ideas

Share your Designer Desktop product ideas - we're listening!
Submitting an Idea?

Be sure to review our Idea Submission Guidelines for more information!

Submission Guidelines

Better use of screen... 4% more extended canvas maybe?

I superimposed multiple screens and multiple workflows and rendered them into a single image below. Have you noticed something?

Picture1.png

There is a space never being used at all times, painted in yellow for emphasizing...

Picture2.png

Actually this is an enough space for ads 🙂 And we can make the designer for free...

Picture3.png

Though I suggest a better placement and use of the available screen space;

Picture4.png

9 Comments
levell_x_dunn
10 - Fireball

Makes sense to me

Hollingsworth
12 - Quasar
12 - Quasar

As a screen real estate miser, I love this idea!

Coxta45
11 - Bolide

@Atabarezz I agree with my fellow Raleigh/Durham user group Ace, @Hollingsworth ... I would star this a dozen times, if possible

charlescolemansm
6 - Meteoroid

This is fantastic.  I totally wish I could give this more than one star.

Atabarezz
13 - Pulsar

thanks for the support all... I've started sending messages to my alteryx community friends to star that, WOM - "word of mouth" really rocks... Come help me please...  I really need that on line during my day to day work :)

Best

KristinV
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

This is a great idea and one that we will keep in mind as we move forward with improving the usability of our product.  Screen space is a precious resource and while I would argue that ads or tickers would likely be distracting and intrusive, we do want to make sure you have as much room as possible to work, especially on your canvas.

According to @KathyD,Senior UX/UI Designer, one thing that we consider is “negative space”, which helps to emphasize and draw attention to important elements – such as the run button and search bar. 

Recently, we’ve also been debating ways to de-clutter the palette area just as you’re suggesting here.  For example, we’ve thought about putting the run button directly on the canvas.  I’d be curious to hear your thoughts on this idea.

RSK
7 - Meteor

Better use of screen space I agree with.

RachelW
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)
Status changed to: Not Planned

Thanks for your feedback. I'd like to echo @KristinV's thoughts. We're always balancing maximizing screen real estate but still maintaining a visually usable product. We'll continue to consider this in future designs. 

KylieF
Alteryx Community Team
Alteryx Community Team
Status changed to: Implemented

Thank you for contributing to the Alteryx Community! This was implemented with our reskin at 2018.4!