The Product Idea boards have gotten an update to better integrate them within our Product team's idea cycle! However this update does have a few unique behaviors, if you have any questions about them check out our FAQ.

Alteryx Designer Desktop Ideas

Share your Designer Desktop product ideas - we're listening!
Submitting an Idea?

Be sure to review our Idea Submission Guidelines for more information!

Submission Guidelines

BUG in Results and Configuration windows

These windows when pulled out as stand-alone windows are free floating, able to be placed anywhere on any screen you have connected.

If one of these screens gets disconnected those windows don't change position. So if your monitors die or go away for some reason there is no way to get them back unless you get a second monitor.

I propose you change the coding to where when a window is re-enabled it always shows up at position [0,0] on monitor 1.

Very frustrating.

4 Comments
RachelW
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)
Status changed to: Under Review

Thanks for sharing this post on the Community. I'll look into it and see if there is something we can do to improve this. I haven't had this happen to me with Alteryx, but in other programs when I switch from a docked laptop to an undocked laptop I've lost Outlook when it was on a secondary monitor. I can relate. 

Nick_Yarbrough
8 - Asteroid

Thanks for the response Rachel! i appreciate it.

Nick

jsicinski
5 - Atom

This is currently happening to my Alterxy file and I can not change anything. I'm on a flight for 5 hours and was planning on doing this work while on the flight. How do i fix this without a second monitor?

jpoz
Alteryx
Alteryx
Status changed to: Implemented

Thank you for suggesting this! With the release of 2019.4 (https://downloads.alteryx.com) floating windows that are offscreen, such as on a monitor that is no longer connected, will be positioned on a visible screen.