Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!
The Product Idea boards have gotten an update to better integrate them within our Product team's idea cycle! However this update does have a few unique behaviors, if you have any questions about them check out our FAQ.

Alteryx Designer Desktop Ideas

Share your Designer Desktop product ideas - we're listening!
Submitting an Idea?

Be sure to review our Idea Submission Guidelines for more information!

Submission Guidelines

BROWSER INSIDE SOME TOOLS

When i have a lot of columns in a database and I don't know the specific name of a column, it gets difficult to find it inside the select and summarize tool, for example. If you include a browser inside the most used tools, it would be easier to identify the columns and reduce time. Thanks for your time.

2 Comments
Joe_Lipski
13 - Pulsar
13 - Pulsar

Hi @Astryx,

If you click on the green anchor going into a tool (circled in red below) then you can see both the properties window as usual and the browse anywhere results window, which I believe will do what you are asking.

joe_lipski_0-1592815557180.png

Please let me know if that helps,

Thanks,

Joe

@KylieF 

KylieF
Alteryx Community Team
Alteryx Community Team
Status changed to: Implemented

Thank you for the ping Joe! 

In all supported versions of Alteryx users can view a large sample of the data going into a tool by selecting the green swallow tail anchor. If this doesn't meet your needs @Astryx let me know and we can return this idea back to the new idea status.