The Product Idea boards have gotten an update to better integrate them within our Product team's idea cycle! However this update does have a few unique behaviors, if you have any questions about them check out our FAQ.

Alteryx Designer Desktop Ideas

Share your Designer Desktop product ideas - we're listening!
Submitting an Idea?

Be sure to review our Idea Submission Guidelines for more information!

Submission Guidelines

Average or Percentage calculation

Is it possible to have a Sum(Column) or Total(Column) functions in formula tool? it will make the calculations much better as we don't need to use "Sum tool + Append tool + Formula tool + Select tool" or "couple of formula tools and then a select tool".

5 Comments
SeanAdams
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

This is similar to the way that SQL does Window Functions - I would suspect that this may be tough to do with the existing formula tool (which acts on a row level) but may make for an interesting new tool to do window functions more generally (like Rank; Dense Rank; Sum etc)

Community_Admin
Alteryx
Alteryx
Status changed to: Inactive

Community_Admin
Alteryx
Alteryx

The status of this idea has been changed to 'Inactive'. This status indicates that:

1. The idea has not had activity in the form of likes or comments in over a year.

2. The idea has not reached ten likes.

3. The idea is still in the 'New Idea' status. 

However, this doesn't mean your idea won't be implemented! The Community can still like and comment on this idea. With enough renewed interest, this idea can be brought back into the 'New Idea' status. 

Thank you for contributing to the Alteryx Community and the Alteryx Product Idea Boards!

swarajjoshi
7 - Meteor

I want to add all the values of a single column so that I can calculate mean of that column (the column's data type is Double), but for that I need to use a different tool i.e Summarize, it would be great if you add the totalSum feature in the formula tool itself

KylieF
Alteryx Community Team
Alteryx Community Team

Hello @swarajjoshi,

Thank you for your feedback! I've merged your idea with a duplicate idea requesting the same feature that had been submitted to the idea boards previously. If you'd like to see this idea implemented please be sure to like and share this idea.