Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!
The Product Idea boards have gotten an update to better integrate them within our Product team's idea cycle! However this update does have a few unique behaviors, if you have any questions about them check out our FAQ.

Alteryx Designer Desktop Ideas

Share your Designer Desktop product ideas - we're listening!
Submitting an Idea?

Be sure to review our Idea Submission Guidelines for more information!

Submission Guidelines

AutoSave Alteryx Workflow Ability

It would be nice if when Alteryx crashes there is an autosave capability that when you re-open Alteryx it shows you the list of workflows that were autosaved and give you the immediate option to select which ones you want to save. SImilar to what Excel does.

I know about the current autosave feature, but I would still like to have it pop up or the option to have it pop up for me to select which to keep and which to discard.

5 Comments
DultonM
11 - Bolide

Hi @jessica_mckinnerney,

Alteryx actually already has an autosave capability! In 10.5, for example, you just have to go to File --> Open Autosaved Files! If Alteryx crashes, it doesn't provide a window to immediately select which one to keep like Excel does, but I personally don't like that feature of Excel.

TaraM
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)
Status changed to: Implemented
jessica_mckinnerney
6 - Meteoroid

This doesn't complete my request, I would still like for it to auto pop up or give me the option to have it pop up and select which to keep and which to throw away.

It's a personal thing probably, but still a request.

TaraM
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)
Status changed to: New Idea

jpoz
Alteryx
Alteryx
Status changed to: Implemented

This has been implemented in the 2019.3 release. Download it at http://downloads.alteryx.com