Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!
The Product Idea boards have gotten an update to better integrate them within our Product team's idea cycle! However this update does have a few unique behaviors, if you have any questions about them check out our FAQ.

Alteryx Designer Desktop Ideas

Share your Designer Desktop product ideas - we're listening!
Submitting an Idea?

Be sure to review our Idea Submission Guidelines for more information!

Submission Guidelines

Apps and chaining suggestion

The method of saving the results of one app to be read in by a follow on app seems very clunky to me. Can we develop a method to use the results within a workflow to feed drop down lists in later stages in the same workflow? That way an app can stand on it's own without having to save files out and chain further apps to read them again.

It seems this only works for selecting fields to include in the output but not for list of values to feed to a drop down list.

4 Comments
patrick_digan
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

I would be a big fan on some sort of new functionality like this. The ability to have more "interactivity" would be useful for some use cases that we have.

cplewis90
13 - Pulsar
13 - Pulsar

I am definitely on board for a new functionality like this as well. We have numerous cases where this would be helpful.

Joe_Lipski
13 - Pulsar
13 - Pulsar

Lots of improvements that can be made with chained applications! Hopefully will be on the roadmap soon!

AlteryxCommunityTeam
Alteryx Community Team
Alteryx Community Team
Status changed to: Accepting Votes