Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!
The Product Idea boards have gotten an update to better integrate them within our Product team's idea cycle! However this update does have a few unique behaviors, if you have any questions about them check out our FAQ.

Alteryx Designer Desktop Ideas

Share your Designer Desktop product ideas - we're listening!
Submitting an Idea?

Be sure to review our Idea Submission Guidelines for more information!

Submission Guidelines

Applying Changes made in Debug Mode to Workflow

I frequently make analytic apps for my clients that requires them to enter information or parameters to the workflow via a prompt before running. The user could be entering codes that will affect a certain filter or it could be a prompt to browse to the new source file required to run the workflow. In order to make adjustments to the workflow itself, I need to work in Debug mode so that I can see the data as it passes through each node in the workflow. Once I am done making all of the changes in debug mode and I am satisfied with how it works, I then have to remember each change I made, and copy and paste each tool and its contents over to the workflow that I am debugging. This is a pain because it is like I am fixing the workflow twice. A good solution to this would be allowing the user to apply changes made in debug to the workflow you are debugging, so that there is no duplication of efforts!

8 Comments
jcltax
5 - Atom

Great idea!  Alteryx please make this happen!

ChadM
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

I love this idea as well, +1!

krilke
5 - Atom

I totally need this functionality right now.

MsBindy
8 - Asteroid

I agree this would be super convenient.  It's easy to forget all the little changes that you make in debug

ERK
5 - Atom

Yes - this would be a great feature - between the time to copy / paste, reworking connections, and the risk of typos (for us humans) ...

AlteryxCommunityTeam
Alteryx Community Team
Alteryx Community Team
Status changed to: Accepting Votes

ElianaB
5 - Atom

any news about this request?

SUSA2020
7 - Meteor

This would be such a handy feature. I always end up duplicating effort to replicate all the changes I made in the debug wf to the main wf.