Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!
The Product Idea boards have gotten an update to better integrate them within our Product team's idea cycle! However this update does have a few unique behaviors, if you have any questions about them check out our FAQ.

Alteryx Designer Desktop Ideas

Share your Designer Desktop product ideas - we're listening!
Submitting an Idea?

Be sure to review our Idea Submission Guidelines for more information!

Submission Guidelines

Anchor Display of Data - CReW Inspired UX update

Dear UX Usual Suspects,

I've created a video for you to observe the idea:

With 400+ fields available, I find it challenging when I am validating my formula output to look at the "Referenced" fields of data plus the new data fields.  It would be oh-so-nice to press a button and look only at the "valuable" data.

How about you?  Do you want a little of this idea @Hollingsworth @T_Willins  @Aguisande @NicoleJ 

Cheers,

Mark

4 Comments
Aguisande
15 - Aurora
15 - Aurora

I love this idea... (And Formula defaulting to Input anchor too!)

I guess this will be a very nice improvement in development/debugging times within Designer. And there is enough "whitespace" in the Result's panel toolbar to put it.

Hollingsworth
12 - Quasar
12 - Quasar

I think this is a good idea, Mark. Any features that will reduce "scroll and hunt" time is good!

Kenda
16 - Nebula
16 - Nebula

"That's not part of what I was expecting to happen" haha 

Crazy idea... what if you were able to expand each different output column you're editing and the fields displayed in the Results Window update based on that?

For example, I have two output columns expanded here so the Results Window would show all fields related to these two expressions (here, Field1 and Field2):

Kenda_0-1663244152754.png

Now only the expression for Field1 is expanded so the Results Window would update to only show the fields related to this expression (here, just Field1):

Kenda_1-1663244228128.png

AlteryxCommunityTeam
Alteryx Community Team
Alteryx Community Team
Status changed to: Accepting Votes