Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!
The Product Idea boards have gotten an update to better integrate them within our Product team's idea cycle! However this update does have a few unique behaviors, if you have any questions about them check out our FAQ.

Alteryx Designer Desktop Ideas

Share your Designer Desktop product ideas - we're listening!
Submitting an Idea?

Be sure to review our Idea Submission Guidelines for more information!

Submission Guidelines

Anaplan Connector for Alteryx

I noticed that Tableau has a new connector to Anaplan in the upcoming release. 

Does Alteryx have any plans to create an Anaplan connector? 

18 Comments
arnold_slabbekoorn
7 - Meteor

I like to see the same connector made available.  I did see they have a curl rest api option. So I have some project with Jira and curl rest api working and will see if I can get Anaplan to work in a few weeks after the Tableau conference.

Bradness
5 - Atom

We recently finalized our Anaplan Connector for Alteryx and it is being used with a couple of our customers as a beta test.  If you want more info, email me directly at bjackson@prokarma.com.  We are really excited about being able to blend multiple Anaplan models together with external data for better reporting.  The use case is there.  Now there is a connector to support it!  Next up... predictive models pushing back to Anaplan as first pass forecast!

joshuaburkhow
ACE Emeritus
ACE Emeritus

Just to build off of Brad's post here: The connector is live and is being used by many of our clients now :)

You can request a trial here:

https://gallery.alteryx.com/#!app/Anaplan-Connector/59d3a094effc2a0af0ec6ae3

I recorded a webinar with Alteryx around the connector:

https://pages.alteryx.com/ProKarma_Anaplan_Connector_On-Demand.html

Any questions please contact us! Joshua Burkhow (jburkhow@prokarma.com) or Brad Jackson (bjackson@prokarma.com)

jkruger
6 - Meteoroid

Clicking the link went to a dead page? 

Any idea where to download now?Receiving an error when trying to download in the App gallery that it's currently being accessed by someone else. 

joshuaburkhow
ACE Emeritus
ACE Emeritus

Looks like an update to the site might be the issue? @LeahK something you can help with?

joshuaburkhow
ACE Emeritus
ACE Emeritus

Something wierd going on.

If I hit those links from here then they both go to a page not found but if I do a search in the gallery for Anaplan it goes to the same URL and works. Same for the Webiner. If you google "achieving-deeper-insights-from-anaplan-with-alteryx-and-prokarma" it goes to that same exact page and works fine.....

LeahK
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

Thanks for escalating! I investigated the issue, and updated the links. Clicking on both the links in @joshuaburkhow's comments above seems to direct to the appropriate resources.

joshuaburkhow
ACE Emeritus
ACE Emeritus

Thanks @LeahK You rock ;)

jkruger
6 - Meteoroid

@joshuaburkhow & @LeahK still running into issues with being able to download the connector.  Here is the error message:

"Error creating the file " Z:\Service\Staging\3912_556482f338814c7a88c5f960009d1721\_externals\1\test.csv ": The process cannot access the file because it is being used by another process. (Tool Id: 2)"

joshuaburkhow
ACE Emeritus
ACE Emeritus
Send me an email at jburkhow@prokarma.com and we can troubleshoot further ;)

Joshua Burkhow