Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!
The Product Idea boards have gotten an update to better integrate them within our Product team's idea cycle! However this update does have a few unique behaviors, if you have any questions about them check out our FAQ.

Alteryx Designer Desktop Ideas

Share your Designer Desktop product ideas - we're listening!
Submitting an Idea?

Be sure to review our Idea Submission Guidelines for more information!

Submission Guidelines

An option to add image in Interface Designer while building macros

Hi all,

Is it possible to add an option to 'Add an Image' in the settings option of Interface Designer while building Apps or macros?

Currently, we can add Group box, Link, Tab, and Label. It would be really helpful if we can add static images as well!!

This would enable a developer to add an explanatory image just as a link or label is used to communicate to end user.

I am attaching a screenshot for the reference.

shreyanshrathod_0-1618236354668.png

Thanks in advance!!

Regards,

Shreyansh Rathod

6 Comments
TheOC
15 - Aurora
15 - Aurora

This would be great! The interface designer could do with some extra functionality to make it more visually appealing! I'm a big fan of the chained apps, but sometimes they don't look so great, especially when implemented on the gallery.

cgoodman3
14 - Magnetar
14 - Magnetar

I have never thought of this as an idea but images in the UI would actually be quite handy.

I’m all for improving the visuals of the interface for analytic apps.

CristonS
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

Hi @shreyanshrathod, thank you for your idea! We appreciate the time our users take to provide us feedback and help us improve our product. Be sure to check out our other product boards and user ideas as well as our updated Submission Guidelines

Joe_Lipski
13 - Pulsar
13 - Pulsar

This would be an awesome way to add design, branding and instructions in a more visual way, without overhauling the whole interface designer experience (which would also be amazing, but a much bigger task!)

jzkyburz
8 - Asteroid

+1, this would be really useful for us to add company logo and additional UI uplifts!

AlteryxCommunityTeam
Alteryx Community Team
Alteryx Community Team
Status changed to: Accepting Votes