Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!
The Product Idea boards have gotten an update to better integrate them within our Product team's idea cycle! However this update does have a few unique behaviors, if you have any questions about them check out our FAQ.

Alteryx Designer Desktop Ideas

Share your Designer Desktop product ideas - we're listening!
Submitting an Idea?

Be sure to review our Idea Submission Guidelines for more information!

Submission Guidelines

Alteryx support for Denodo Data Sources

I recently came to know that Alteryx doesn't support Denodo Data sources. We at our company are using Denodo as a data virtualization tool and also Alteryx is used for data blending. The request is for Alteryx to start supporting Denodo as a data source so that our company can reach out to Alteryx for any support related issues with Denodo.

16 Comments
roddygh
5 - Atom

I agree with this. Having Alteryx support for Denodo Data sources would be huge at my company. Denodo offers too many security levels and different things but is horrible for doing analytics. It would be much easier to get Alteryx adoption in my workplace if there was this functionality. 

dzavorotny
5 - Atom

Official support would be great considering it's easy to get ODBC/DNS connections to work.  Your VDB just needs a PostreSQL system table that Alteryx relies on.  Since Denodo's ODBC driver is based on a PostgreSQL driver, Alteryx thinks that it's communicating with PostgreSQL.  Simply create an empty materialized table in whichever VDB you need:

CREATE OR REPLACE MATERIALIZED TABLE pg_type (
oid:int,
typname:text
);

Now, as for getting Alteryx Server to set up a connection, I'm still trying to figure that one out.

chpoland
7 - Meteor

It looks like Denodo is officially supported now and this idea should be closed out.  Denodo has provided a "How to connect to Denodo from Alteryx" guide in their knowledge base.  Guide mentions at least Denodo 7.0 and Alteryx 2018.4.

https://community.denodo.com/kb/view/document/How%20to%20connect%20to%20Denodo%20from%20Alteryx?cate...

KylieF
Alteryx Community Team
Alteryx Community Team

Hi All,

To clarify on this idea, we cannot close out this this idea as Alteryx does not officially support Denodo as a database. While there are methods of connecting to various databases that are not supported, such as the method outlined in the link, we only officially support the databases provided in our help documentation.

Thank you,

KylieF

KylieF
Alteryx Community Team
Alteryx Community Team
Status changed to: Not Planned

Thank you for your idea!

Our product team was able to review this idea, and we've determined we're unable to include this Connector into the near future road map at this time. However, should we be able to revisit this feature, or should the road map change to include it, we will be sure to update this idea accordingly.

davidhenington
10 - Fireball

Additional Denodo support, specifically in-database (heads up @bora_perusic ) would be huge at my employer. 

bora_perusic
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

Hi @davidhenington , sorry, this is not on the roadmap yet, but I keep watching and hopefully one day we will provide it. 

davidhenington
10 - Fireball

Thanks @bora_perusic !

PHX1JAW
5 - Atom

@bora_perusic  Yes please keep us posted on this page if this should change on the roadmap.  

VojtechT
Alteryx
Alteryx
Status changed to: Accepted

We have put Denodo on our roadmap of data connectors, so the idea can be Accepted now.