Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!
The Product Idea boards have gotten an update to better integrate them within our Product team's idea cycle! However this update does have a few unique behaviors, if you have any questions about them check out our FAQ.

Alteryx Designer Desktop Ideas

Share your Designer Desktop product ideas - we're listening!
Submitting an Idea?

Be sure to review our Idea Submission Guidelines for more information!

Submission Guidelines

Alteryx, making dating easier

I've come across multiple requests for help that relate to dates.  Having to know that "2016-05-04" is the only way to get May 4th, 2016 into a date field is sometimes a challenge for new users.  When they begin to use date functions and now have to learn adding and trimming etcetera the complication factor increases.  Then we date time format and have to do all of this in English (my one and only language), makes me think that there is room for improvements.

2 Comments
SeanAdams
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Absolutely agree with you @MarqueeCrew- I think that the treatment of dates is something that's a perpetual pain, and there's many areas that could be refactored in the process.   Have a look at the list of some of the suggestions so-far on this:

https://community.alteryx.com/t5/Alteryx-Product-Ideas/Refactor-Date-time-treatment/idc-p/51767#M357...

In addition to what you're saying - there are several very common date related things that we need to do frequently - like splitting dates into 3 columns; converting to different formats; etc - some of which exists in Alteryx; but it grew up in different versions at different times so the treatment of dates is very inconsistent across the various tools etc.

So - agree with you, and also think that there's probably more we can do to standardise and clean up dates more rapidly

AlteryxCommunityTeam
Alteryx Community Team
Alteryx Community Team
Status changed to: Accepting Votes