The Product Idea boards have gotten an update to better integrate them within our Product team's idea cycle! However this update does have a few unique behaviors, if you have any questions about them check out our FAQ.

Alteryx Designer Desktop Ideas

Share your Designer Desktop product ideas - we're listening!
Submitting an Idea?

Be sure to review our Idea Submission Guidelines for more information!

Submission Guidelines

Alteryx Intelligence Suite : language by row for Sentiment Analysis

Hello,

As of today, we can configure the language for all rows but it doesn't work when I have several languages in my data :

simonaubert_bd_0-1622199279906.png

I woud like to take a field so that I can specify the language. The ideal would be a two-time configuration : globally in one language but I can overwrite that by choosing a field containing the language.

Best regards,

Simon

3 Comments
veeliang
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

Hi @simonaubert_bd, thank you for the feedback. Are there other instances where this can be helpful for you (in addition to the languages in product reviews from international customers as depicted in your original example )?

simonaubert_bd
13 - Pulsar

Hello @veeliang Good question. Most of the time,  I use sentiment analysis for product (good and services) review. I guess you can use semantic analysis (a little wider than sentiment analysis)  for a lot of things such as scanning social media to see tendancies in fashion or politics, scanning the news to anticipate stock market, etc, etc. But right now, it's really just that kind of example that I would like to present to my prospects in pre-sales. Right now, I can't, it would be a waste of time.

Best regards,

Simon

CristonS
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)
Status changed to: Under Review

Adding new language capabilities will require training a new underlying model and this will need to be researched. Thanks for posting!