Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!
The Product Idea boards have gotten an update to better integrate them within our Product team's idea cycle! However this update does have a few unique behaviors, if you have any questions about them check out our FAQ.

Alteryx Designer Desktop Ideas

Share your Designer Desktop product ideas - we're listening!
Submitting an Idea?

Be sure to review our Idea Submission Guidelines for more information!

Submission Guidelines

Alteryx Explorer Box - Additional Functionalities

Hi,

I have 2 simple ideas that would help me a little bit while working with the explorer box: 

• I think it would be amazing if we could pick the Internet Browser while using the Explorer box. 

While opening certain websites, I am getting this information: 

Emil_Kos_0-1674748940620.png

I know probably the answer to it isn't so simple, but that would give us a little bit extra flexibility while using Explorer box. 

My goal is to open a word or excel file with specific documentation. If I were able to use a newer browser, I could easily open a file with a link to a webpage. 

• Second, can we give the Explorer box a header similar to what we got in the containers? The address bar does not always give us information about what the explorer box shows and a small extra header that we can configure would add some additional clarification

Emil_Kos_2-1674749789169.png

Alternatively, if I could merge a comment tool with the Explorer box tool that would also work.

5 Comments
i_love_databases
8 - Asteroid

Hello @Emil_Kos  Like a lot of solution relying on third-party (active query builder for visual query builder, curl for download tool, etc, etc...), it's likely never upgraded by Alteryx despite ideas, security failures, etc.

Emil_Kos
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Who knows @i_love_databases 😅 

maybe we will be surprised someday

AlteryxCommunityTeam
Alteryx Community Team
Alteryx Community Team
Status changed to: Accepting Votes

TheOC
15 - Aurora
15 - Aurora

This would be fantastic - I've had a lot of great ideas with the explorer box that I was unable to implement due to the limitations of the tool.

I think a whole plethora of uses could be found just by giving it a bit of love. 
Great idea!

Emil_Kos
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Yeah I agree the idea is great but from what I have heard it would be quite hard to implement @TheOC