The Product Idea boards have gotten an update to better integrate them within our Product team's idea cycle! However this update does have a few unique behaviors, if you have any questions about them check out our FAQ.

Alteryx Designer Desktop Ideas

Share your Designer Desktop product ideas - we're listening!
Submitting an Idea?

Be sure to review our Idea Submission Guidelines for more information!

Submission Guidelines

Alteryx Canvas Bookmark

We use several Files that are fairly large (canvas size). To traverse around to try and find where we last left off or to examine a specific X, Y at a specific zoom....one would need to either remember the tool number to search for or search for a keyword that returns several choices.

My suggested solution would be to create a bookmark(s). This would allow you to save a named bookmark that would save exactly where (X,Y) you are in the canvas and the Zoom level (Z). This way you could easily switch back and forth with in a canvas just back clicking the bookmark.

If anyone has ever used a CAD program that allowed the creation of 'Views' within the same diagram...this would be similar.

Thank you

13 Comments
GeoffJ
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)
Status changed to: Implemented

chris_love
12 - Quasar

Great work guys - thanks for listening!

Swift34
6 - Meteoroid

Sorry I haven't been on here in a while, but I would like to thank the dev team for taking this on! Once we finally get the go-ahead to upgrade....I look forward to using this new feature!

Thank you very much!

Ric