The Product Idea boards have gotten an update to better integrate them within our Product team's idea cycle! However this update does have a few unique behaviors, if you have any questions about them check out our FAQ.

Alteryx Designer Desktop Ideas

Share your Designer Desktop product ideas - we're listening!
Submitting an Idea?

Be sure to review our Idea Submission Guidelines for more information!

Submission Guidelines

Allow license administrator to obsolete license seat

Under the new licensing system (licenses.alteryx.com), I don't have the ability to truly release a license seat without user interaction. Currently, I have to revoke the license and then have that user start up alteryx on their machine to complete the process. Until the user starts up alteryx, I cannot reallocate that license. 

I would like the ability to obsolete a license where as soon as I click the button in the licensing portal, I can immediately reallocate that license to somebody else. This functionality existed in the previous licensing system and is not available in the new licensing system.

2 Comments
SeanAdams
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Absolutely agree with the need @patrick_digan - and we're hoping that this is accomplished in the upcoming changes to the licensing process

KylieF
Alteryx Community Team
Alteryx Community Team
Status changed to: Implemented

Hello! This idea was implemented with an April update that allowed license administrators to completely clear a key without user interaction. This update applies to all version of Alteryx 11.8 and newer.