Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!
The Product Idea boards have gotten an update to better integrate them within our Product team's idea cycle! However this update does have a few unique behaviors, if you have any questions about them check out our FAQ.

Alteryx Designer Desktop Ideas

Share your Designer Desktop product ideas - we're listening!
Submitting an Idea?

Be sure to review our Idea Submission Guidelines for more information!

Submission Guidelines

Allow input and output tools to be converted to UNC path via right click

I would like for it to be easier to change input (and output) tools to UNC pathing. I think adding it to the right click menu would be great. Currently, I have to go to options >> advanced >> workflow dependencies. A right click option would be easier.

Thanks!

3 Comments
Kenda
16 - Nebula
16 - Nebula

One thing that I did to help with this was to update all of my shortcuts in my File Explorer to use UNC pathing so that anytime I'm dealing with files, they use UNC already so I usually don't have to worry about converting within Alteryx. 

It would still be nice to have a quicker way to navigate to changing this option, though!

KylieF
Alteryx Community Team
Alteryx Community Team

Thank you for the feedback!

This is a nifty idea, and we appreciate the feedback on how to improve and streamline user's workflow experience. Just in case, be sure to check out our Submission Guidelines if you haven't yet, as it goes over the idea process in a bit greater detail.

AlteryxCommunityTeam
Alteryx Community Team
Alteryx Community Team
Status changed to: Accepting Votes