Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!
The Product Idea boards have gotten an update to better integrate them within our Product team's idea cycle! However this update does have a few unique behaviors, if you have any questions about them check out our FAQ.

Alteryx Designer Desktop Ideas

Share your Designer Desktop product ideas - we're listening!
Submitting an Idea?

Be sure to review our Idea Submission Guidelines for more information!

Submission Guidelines

Allow connections to multiple SharePoint Sites in one workflow

I have a problem when transferring records between different O365 Sharepoint Sites.  It seems that Alteryx cannot maintain 2 separate connections at the same time.  I can transfer fine if I read from one site to a temp file and then, in another workflow, read from the file and write to the second site.

I can work around the problem using Block until Done, but there are some situations where I need to be able to compare between lists in 2 different sites and write back to one or both depending on the results.  it would be much more convenient to be have multiple connections open simultaneously.  I'm aware that Alteryx uses the SharePoint API to move information around.  This API does allow multiple connections.  I'm not familiar with the internals of how Alteryx accesses the API, perhaps the OAuth token is shared through out the workflow process,  but this should be posssible

Thanks for considering this

Dan

5 Comments
SeanAdams
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Hey @danilang - this is a very interesting one, and I've not come across this.

Are you able to boil this down to a super-simple workflow that demonstrates the point?   I'd love to try this on my own machine to see if I can replicate this and also I would like to try this on an on-premise Sharepoint to see if it has the same issue?

danilang
19 - Altair
19 - Altair

Hi Sean

Here's one that as simple as it gets.  1 input, 1 output and a select to remove the extra sharepoint generated fields.  The key thing here is that the in and out are 2 different sites.  Both of the sites have a list with the identical fields, shown below, Title to Number 1.  The Select tool just selects these 4 fields to pass to the output  

multisite transfer.png

SeanAdams
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

@danilang - this looks like a defect, and I've not run across this before.

Will take a look and try this out in our world and see if we can replicate this

cc: @Nezrin

Community_Admin
Alteryx
Alteryx
Status changed to: Inactive

Community_Admin
Alteryx
Alteryx

The status of this idea has been changed to 'Inactive'. This status indicates that:

1. The idea has not had activity in the form of likes or comments in over a year.

2. The idea has not reached ten likes.

3. The idea is still in the 'New Idea' status. 

However, this doesn't mean your idea won't be implemented! The Community can still like and comment on this idea. With enough renewed interest, this idea can be brought back into the 'New Idea' status. 

Thank you for contributing to the Alteryx Community and the Alteryx Product Idea Boards!