The Product Idea boards have gotten an update to better integrate them within our Product team's idea cycle! However this update does have a few unique behaviors, if you have any questions about them check out our FAQ.

Alteryx Designer Desktop Ideas

Share your Designer Desktop product ideas - we're listening!
Submitting an Idea?

Be sure to review our Idea Submission Guidelines for more information!

Submission Guidelines

Allow caching of multiple tools at the same time

Some of the workflows I use have multiple inputs that can take a long time to initially load. The new cache function itself has been amazing, but there is one big drawback for me: I can't cache multiple tools at the same time.  Alteryx will allow me to eventually cache all of the tools I want cached, but it will take multiple times running the file.  This still saves me time in the end, but it feels a bit cumbersome to set up.

46 Comments
RachelW
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)
Status changed to: Implemented

Good news! We shipped an enhancement to our caching feature that allows you to select multiple points to cache simultaneously! You'll find it in our 2019.1 release. 

DavidP
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Thank you @RachelW , I upgraded to 2019.1 and already used the new multi-point caching a few times and it's Super!!!

RachelW
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

@DavidP That's fantastic to hear! I've been enjoying using it myself. 

FreeRangeDingo
11 - Bolide
11 - Bolide

Never mind...cannot delete the comment.

filipaferreira
5 - Atom

+1

fahmed18
5 - Atom

Hi,

Can someone tell me the name of the tool? I can't find it when searching for 'multi-point cache'

patrick_digan
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

@fahmed18 You can select multiple tools (either click the canvas and drag a rectangle around them, or hold Ctrl and click each tool), right click on any selected tool, then select cache and run:

Capture.PNG

simket
5 - Atom

+1 to THIS. New user to Alteryx. Surprised that multiple inputs cant be cached. 

jpoz
Alteryx
Alteryx

@simket See above for instructions and how to cache multiple tools at once.

simket
5 - Atom

yeah, saw that little later. Still missing the checkbox though :S But I guess it will be like this going forward. Thanks for the response JPoz