Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!
The Product Idea boards have gotten an update to better integrate them within our Product team's idea cycle! However this update does have a few unique behaviors, if you have any questions about them check out our FAQ.

Alteryx Designer Desktop Ideas

Share your Designer Desktop product ideas - we're listening!
Submitting an Idea?

Be sure to review our Idea Submission Guidelines for more information!

Submission Guidelines

Allow caching of multiple tools at the same time

Some of the workflows I use have multiple inputs that can take a long time to initially load. The new cache function itself has been amazing, but there is one big drawback for me: I can't cache multiple tools at the same time.  Alteryx will allow me to eventually cache all of the tools I want cached, but it will take multiple times running the file.  This still saves me time in the end, but it feels a bit cumbersome to set up.

46 Comments
RachelW
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)
Status changed to: Implemented

Good news! We shipped an enhancement to our caching feature that allows you to select multiple points to cache simultaneously! You'll find it in our 2019.1 release. 

DavidP
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Thank you @RachelW , I upgraded to 2019.1 and already used the new multi-point caching a few times and it's Super!!!

RachelW
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

@DavidP That's fantastic to hear! I've been enjoying using it myself. 

FreeRangeDingo
11 - Bolide
11 - Bolide

Never mind...cannot delete the comment.

filipaferreira
5 - Atom

+1

fahmed18
5 - Atom

Hi,

Can someone tell me the name of the tool? I can't find it when searching for 'multi-point cache'

patrick_digan
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

@fahmed18 You can select multiple tools (either click the canvas and drag a rectangle around them, or hold Ctrl and click each tool), right click on any selected tool, then select cache and run:

Capture.PNG

simket
5 - Atom

+1 to THIS. New user to Alteryx. Surprised that multiple inputs cant be cached. 

jpoz
Alteryx
Alteryx

@simket See above for instructions and how to cache multiple tools at once.

simket
5 - Atom

yeah, saw that little later. Still missing the checkbox though :S But I guess it will be like this going forward. Thanks for the response JPoz