Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!
The Product Idea boards have gotten an update to better integrate them within our Product team's idea cycle! However this update does have a few unique behaviors, if you have any questions about them check out our FAQ.

Alteryx Designer Desktop Ideas

Share your Designer Desktop product ideas - we're listening!
Submitting an Idea?

Be sure to review our Idea Submission Guidelines for more information!

Submission Guidelines

Allow Package input of Newer Version

Currently, if you download and Alteryx package from an alternative version it doesn't allow import into a newer version.

jdunkerley79_0-1599819143914.png

Workflows allow this with a warning it would be good to allow it on packages too. 

8 Comments
Joe_Lipski
13 - Pulsar
13 - Pulsar

@jdunkerley79 Agreed that it should work more smoothly, but as a workaround, I'm pretty sure it still does the un-package and you can the open the workflow from there? I'm on the latest version so can't test easily, but probably worth you double checking as I'm not 100%

jdunkerley79
ACE Emeritus
ACE Emeritus

yes once unpackaged it works fine - but silly to need the extra hop!

Kenda
16 - Nebula
16 - Nebula

Agreed this should be a lot smoother! It would be nice if this could work similarly to how regular workflows open now (with the warning).

KylieF
Alteryx Community Team
Alteryx Community Team

Thank you for your idea!

It's good to see such quick engagement on an idea. We also appreciate the feedback on how we can making certain existing processes smoother.

For anyone who hasn't yet, be sure to check out our Submission Guidelines for a bit more of an in-depth overview of the current idea process, and like any user ideas that would be beneficial to you!

joshuaburkhow
ACE Emeritus
ACE Emeritus

Yes totally agree on this one. Just spent 15 min with a user to resolve this issue that should just work 😉 

fmvizcaino
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

This is a great idea! 

It took me a while to notice the workaround @Joe_Lipski commented and I think many users have no idea that exists as well.

jpoz
Alteryx
Alteryx
Status changed to: Implemented

Thank you for this idea! As of the 21.3 release, you will be prompted and then allowed to import YXZP packages from newer versions of alteryx.

Available for download here: https://downloads.alteryx.com/

Kenda
16 - Nebula
16 - Nebula

Love to hear it @jpoz