The Product Idea boards have gotten an update to better integrate them within our Product team's idea cycle! However this update does have a few unique behaviors, if you have any questions about them check out our FAQ.

Alteryx Designer Desktop Ideas

Share your Designer Desktop product ideas - we're listening!
Submitting an Idea?

Be sure to review our Idea Submission Guidelines for more information!

Submission Guidelines

Allow Multiple Undo's With One Click

The Edit menu allows you to see what your next undo/redo actions are. This is super helpful, however sometimes I decide to scrap an idea I was starting on and need to perform multiple undo's in a row. It would be great if we could see a list of actions like in the debug undo/redo stack menu then select how many steps we'd like to undo/redo.

For example, using the below actions, if I want to undo the Change Summarize Properties and also the Modify Summarize, currently I have to do that in two steps. I'd like to be able to click the Modify Summarize and have the workflow undo all commands up to and including that one.

Kenda_0-1661880963011.png

7 Comments
Thableaus
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Great UX idea. I agree "Redo" and "Undo" actions should be grouped and simplified if needed.

MattBenj
9 - Comet

@Kenda How do you get this menu to pop up?

Kenda
16 - Nebula
16 - Nebula

@MattBenj 

I'm not sure if they're still there, but the directions used to be on the Alteryx Help site:

Kenda_0-1662036161671.png

Samantha_Jayne
Alteryx
Alteryx
Status changed to: New Idea

I am with you on this one @Kenda 

Great explanation of the UX here.

marcusblackhill
12 - Quasar
12 - Quasar

That is interesting, As example, PowerQuery do something similar for PowerBI but there you can apply the change in an older step and that will affect all the next steps as well, but just a way to you go way back make a better user experience.

AlteryxCommunityTeam
Alteryx Community Team
Alteryx Community Team
Status changed to: Accepting Votes

clmc9601
13 - Pulsar
13 - Pulsar

Yes please!!