Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!
The Product Idea boards have gotten an update to better integrate them within our Product team's idea cycle! However this update does have a few unique behaviors, if you have any questions about them check out our FAQ.

Alteryx Designer Desktop Ideas

Share your Designer Desktop product ideas - we're listening!
Submitting an Idea?

Be sure to review our Idea Submission Guidelines for more information!

Submission Guidelines

Allow For Drag and Drop in The Interface Designer

Hello!

As many of you know, i'm a big fan of Alteryx Apps. However, one of the most painful parts of Alteryx Apps is moving around elements in the Interface Designer. Currently when you have many elements in your interface designer:

TheOC_0-1653660865536.png

And add a new element from the dropdown, or through a new tool:

TheOC_4-1653661037944.png

It is added to the bottom of the interface. Moving it to the top is currently done with the arrows, however this is very slow, especially when you have many interface elements:

TheOC_2-1653660929403.png

Currently (with 9 radio buttons) it takes 18 clicks (each taking a couple of seconds due to delay between movements) to move it, because it moves between each step:

TheOC_5-1653661055529.png

It would be fantastic if we could drag and drop the elements of the interface to where we like, for speed of development and ease of use.

Thanks,

TheOC 

12 Comments
Jean-Balteryx
16 - Nebula
16 - Nebula

That is a good idea @TheOC ! I didn't know you could do that ! 😮

fmvizcaino
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

I usually give up improving complex analytical apps cause of that. It would be amazing to have that

marcusblackhill
12 - Quasar
12 - Quasar

to not talk when you need to add a new element in the middle of your interface, but because it's slow, you click more than you need to and the new element ends up far away from where you wanted it, so you have to click many times again to get it to the right place. A drag and drop would be perfect!

ddiesel
13 - Pulsar
13 - Pulsar

Would love to see this feature!

DavidP
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

This would make apps so much more useful!

Also, the ability to put interface objects next to each other would be a game changer!

Jean-Balteryx
16 - Nebula
16 - Nebula

The ability to put them next to each other is material for a new idea @DavidP !

TheOC
15 - Aurora
15 - Aurora

i just wish the interface tools worked like the beta layout tool :( 

DavidP
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

@Jean-Balteryx - I raised this as an idea in 2019 along with some others, but it never got much love!

https://community.alteryx.com/t5/Alteryx-Designer-Ideas/Use-html-sdk-for-building-App-UI/idi-p/47752...

Jean-Balteryx
16 - Nebula
16 - Nebula

@DavidP, it just got my love !

AlteryxCommunityTeam
Alteryx Community Team
Alteryx Community Team
Status changed to: Accepting Votes