Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!
The Product Idea boards have gotten an update to better integrate them within our Product team's idea cycle! However this update does have a few unique behaviors, if you have any questions about them check out our FAQ.

Alteryx Designer Desktop Ideas

Share your Designer Desktop product ideas - we're listening!
Submitting an Idea?

Be sure to review our Idea Submission Guidelines for more information!

Submission Guidelines

Allow For Drag and Drop in The Interface Designer

Hello!

As many of you know, i'm a big fan of Alteryx Apps. However, one of the most painful parts of Alteryx Apps is moving around elements in the Interface Designer. Currently when you have many elements in your interface designer:

TheOC_0-1653660865536.png

And add a new element from the dropdown, or through a new tool:

TheOC_4-1653661037944.png

It is added to the bottom of the interface. Moving it to the top is currently done with the arrows, however this is very slow, especially when you have many interface elements:

TheOC_2-1653660929403.png

Currently (with 9 radio buttons) it takes 18 clicks (each taking a couple of seconds due to delay between movements) to move it, because it moves between each step:

TheOC_5-1653661055529.png

It would be fantastic if we could drag and drop the elements of the interface to where we like, for speed of development and ease of use.

Thanks,

TheOC 

12 Comments
Taylor_S
8 - Asteroid

Absolutely! I spend a good deal of my time building solutions in the form of analytic apps and it is such a pain to have to sit and click a number of times to put an interface component in the proper position. When building a complex app wherein you have over 10 interface elements, the arrows are just a burden and slow down the process exponentially. 100% support this. 

Kenda
16 - Nebula
16 - Nebula