The Product Idea boards have gotten an update to better integrate them within our Product team's idea cycle! However this update does have a few unique behaviors, if you have any questions about them check out our FAQ.

Alteryx Designer Desktop Ideas

Share your Designer Desktop product ideas - we're listening!
Submitting an Idea?

Be sure to review our Idea Submission Guidelines for more information!

Submission Guidelines

Adding a skip last N rows on sample tool

I use the skip 1st N rows in almost all my workflows and find that I have unwanted rows at the bottom of my data a lot and will end up having to sort the data before being able to skip the 1st N rows. It would be a lot easier to just skip the last N rows instead.

4 Comments
CristonS
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

hi @alexlat11 thanks for your feedback. I'm not sure why this option wasn't included; perhaps it is because that same thing can be accomplished with the Select Records tool (which admittedly does not include the dynamic "%" option). We'll be sure to pass along your idea once the necessary criteria are met.

bcflood
5 - Atom

This is a request I was coming to make myself.  This would be handy when dynamically pulling data from SAP via the DVW connector.  Tables like MB51 or **bleep**LL03H pull in stuff at the bottom where adding the removal in the sample tool would be helpful (eg remove bottom 3 records always).  I could see a dynamic option also being handy for others, less so for SAP pulls.

DavidP
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

This would remove the need to reverse the row order, skip 1st N and reverse row order again in order to achieve this, which is not ideal, especially with large datasets.

AlteryxCommunityTeam
Alteryx Community Team
Alteryx Community Team
Status changed to: Accepting Votes