Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!
The Product Idea boards have gotten an update to better integrate them within our Product team's idea cycle! However this update does have a few unique behaviors, if you have any questions about them check out our FAQ.

Alteryx Designer Desktop Ideas

Share your Designer Desktop product ideas - we're listening!
Submitting an Idea?

Be sure to review our Idea Submission Guidelines for more information!

Submission Guidelines

Add the capability to output to an ESRI File Geodatabase to a projection other than WGS84

We now have the ability to output to an ESRI File Geodatabase, which is great, but it only allows you to output it to the WGS84 coordinate system.  I would like to have the same functionality to export it to other projections or coordinate systems similar to the ESRI Shapefile or ESRI Personal Geodatabase output tools (we specifically need NAD83 but I'm sure others would like other options as well).

19 Comments
abrasch
8 - Asteroid

It's been over two years since this idea has been posted and there has been no input from Alteryx staff to-date. Not having the option to select a coordinate system projection (and defaulting to WGS84), renders the output to Esri file geodatabase completely useless to me, and likely to most Esri-Alteryx users. 

This will become increasingly important as Esri deprecates ArcCatalog, which is the only means to interact with an Esri personal geodatabase (.mdb). Once ArcCatalog is completely deprecated, I will have no way to output to Esri files (shapefiles don't cut it due to size limitations and field name length limitations) and will need to reconsider use of Alteryx (and my company's) in favor of R or other options.

stevenm
7 - Meteor

Is there any ETA on when this could be implemented??

Larissaah
7 - Meteor

With ESRI moving away from ArcMap/ArcCatalog and to Pro entirely, this absolutely needs to be supported. Alteryx has fallen seriously behind with its ESRI/GIS integrations. Shapefiles and .mdb are not viable alternatives.

abrasch
8 - Asteroid

Echoing @Larissaah -- Esri ArcGIS Pro does not support .mdb and shapefiles are not sufficient (field name length restrictions, etc.)

stevenm
7 - Meteor

Any update on this Alteryx?

stevenm
7 - Meteor

Any update on this?

abrasch
8 - Asteroid

We'd really appreciate a response from Alteryx. As mentioned, Esri ArcGIS Pro does not support .mdb and shapefiles are not sufficient (field name length restrictions, etc.). I'm at a loss as to how to continue using Alteryx in coordination with Esri.

AlteryxCommunityTeam
Alteryx Community Team
Alteryx Community Team
Status changed to: Accepting Votes

abrasch
8 - Asteroid

This is still desperately needed. Outputting from Alteryx to file geodatabase (gdb) causes a coordinate system shift in Esri products.