Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!
The Product Idea boards have gotten an update to better integrate them within our Product team's idea cycle! However this update does have a few unique behaviors, if you have any questions about them check out our FAQ.

Alteryx Designer Desktop Ideas

Share your Designer Desktop product ideas - we're listening!
Submitting an Idea?

Be sure to review our Idea Submission Guidelines for more information!

Submission Guidelines

Add support of .xlsb file format as input file type

Many files I use are in .xlsb format. 

59 Comments
Pepper
8 - Asteroid

AWESOME!  I cannot wait. 

rohan_tibarewala
9 - Comet

Any update on the ETA for this ?

patrick_digan
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

@rohan_tibarewala 2018.1 shipped yesterday with xlsb support. You can download it from licenses.alteryx.com. The release notes are here.

matthewgriset
5 - Atom

@patrick_digan  I just tried to open a XLSB file without success. 

What connector is to be used as part of the "input data"?

ARich
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)
Status changed to: Implemented

This was part of the 18.1 release.

patrick_digan
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

@matthewgriset xlsb should be an option in the dropdown for the input data tool.

Capture.PNG

If it's not there, you likely need the Access Database 2010 Engine: https://community.alteryx.com/t5/Alteryx-Knowledge-Base/Microsoft-Access-accdb-Input/ta-p/34051. You'll want to install the version compatible with your office installation, which is generally x86.

JustinLine
7 - Meteor

I can't find this in the drop down either. I believe that I have the right add on because I see .accdb in my list. @AlexP mentioned that it was released in 18.1, but my version is 11.8.4.41598?

Edit: In case anyone else runs into this... I reached out to AlexP and she said that I needed to install 2018.1 version. Alteryx didn't let me know of the new version like it usually does, and even checking for updated through the application mentioned that I was up to date.

Here are the release notes and download portal:

https://help.alteryx.com/HelpReleaseNotes/en/releasenotes/designerrelease.html?v=11.8

HasanHb
Alteryx
Alteryx

+1 

JokeFun
8 - Asteroid

We have many cases where XLSB is required as an input. We use macro on Designer Desktop, but it does not work in Gallery.