Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!
The Product Idea boards have gotten an update to better integrate them within our Product team's idea cycle! However this update does have a few unique behaviors, if you have any questions about them check out our FAQ.

Alteryx Designer Desktop Ideas

Share your Designer Desktop product ideas - we're listening!
Submitting an Idea?

Be sure to review our Idea Submission Guidelines for more information!

Submission Guidelines

Add support of .xlsb file format as input file type

Many files I use are in .xlsb format. 

59 Comments
alexbao
5 - Atom

+1 need to read xlsb file

brAlm
5 - Atom

+1 for XLSB support

Pepper
8 - Asteroid

This is needed as Alteryx can ONLY email files which are less than 10MB.  If we can output to XLSB formats/files, then this drastically increases the amount of files which we can automate in workflows.

andrewTRU
5 - Atom

+1 for .XLSB read/write

FFFool
9 - Comet

@ARich Any word on this? Been under review for 6 months, now. 

Thanks

FFFool
9 - Comet

https://community.alteryx.com/t5/Data-Sources/xlsb-Output-Macro/m-p/61225#M4003

The above is a link to the post I made about a macro we created, which solves for most of our use-cases with an .xlsb output. The main limitation being that it can only output to one sheet currently. Hope this helps some of you folks. 

Thanks

RPM
8 - Asteroid
This is great for posting compact files in shared environments or for mailers. Thanks for making this!
ARich
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)
Status changed to: Accepted

Hi @FFFool, All-

We are currently evaluating the effort of this along with several other Excel enhancements. I've changed the status to "On the Roadmap", though we're still trying to figure out what that timeline looks like. Hoping to have it in by H1 2018.

Best,

Alex 

meenke
5 - Atom

Just ran into this same issue. Thanks for working on it and looking forward to the update in 2018 or before!

levell_x_dunn
10 - Fireball

Yes, this is still a need in our company also, thank you