Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!
The Product Idea boards have gotten an update to better integrate them within our Product team's idea cycle! However this update does have a few unique behaviors, if you have any questions about them check out our FAQ.

Alteryx Designer Desktop Ideas

Share your Designer Desktop product ideas - we're listening!
Submitting an Idea?

Be sure to review our Idea Submission Guidelines for more information!

Submission Guidelines

Add support of .xlsb file format as input file type

Many files I use are in .xlsb format. 

59 Comments
bsharbo
11 - Bolide

Want to add another vote for this.

XLSB is the default method of file transfer for any excel files within our organization, so this would be a very nice addition! 

patrick_digan
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

+1. Until there is native support, I just wanted to add that you can use the legacy driver ("Microsoft Excel Legacy (*.xlsx)") on the file format option and that will read .xlsb files successfully. It still involves several extra clicks, and I haven't yet figured out how to write to xlsb; so native support would be great. If you don't have the legacy driver, this post *may* help. I put a sample workflow in the public gallery: https://gallery.alteryx.com/#!app/XLSB-example/57582003a248970bdc39e572.

Hope that helps!

Patrick

levell_x_dunn
10 - Fireball

Thank you very much for inow including the XLSM format input for Alteryx, that is something that I needed for a while, but as I have other clients you us the XLSB, excel binary format, I need to find a way to input that into Alteryx and right back into it.

Please consider making this on a possibility on your next release.

Thank you

DanH

Phoenix Capital would also like to see this format supported. Thanks, Dan

ayushjain
5 - Atom

+1 for .XLSB :)

acastelazo
8 - Asteroid

Agreed. This is very much needed.

torridpsu
5 - Atom

+1 for .xlsb support. 

FFFool
9 - Comet

@PoornimaF Does this qualify as sufficient customer demand?

JohnDoe
8 - Asteroid

Does it have anything to do with licences? Is xlsb a proprietary, undocumented format, while xlsx is a more open (in fact it's a kinf of xml) format?

PoornimaF
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

Hi @FFFool,

I've notified our Data Platforms PM about this request and she will be evaluating this request. Thank you for the notification!

Best,

Poornima