The Product Idea boards have gotten an update to better integrate them within our Product team's idea cycle! However this update does have a few unique behaviors, if you have any questions about them check out our FAQ.

Alteryx Designer Desktop Ideas

Share your Designer Desktop product ideas - we're listening!
Submitting an Idea?

Be sure to review our Idea Submission Guidelines for more information!

Submission Guidelines

Add support of .xlsb file format as input file type

Many files I use are in .xlsb format. 

59 Comments
bsharbo
11 - Bolide

Want to add another vote for this.

XLSB is the default method of file transfer for any excel files within our organization, so this would be a very nice addition! 

patrick_digan
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

+1. Until there is native support, I just wanted to add that you can use the legacy driver ("Microsoft Excel Legacy (*.xlsx)") on the file format option and that will read .xlsb files successfully. It still involves several extra clicks, and I haven't yet figured out how to write to xlsb; so native support would be great. If you don't have the legacy driver, this post *may* help. I put a sample workflow in the public gallery: https://gallery.alteryx.com/#!app/XLSB-example/57582003a248970bdc39e572.

Hope that helps!

Patrick

levell_x_dunn
10 - Fireball

Thank you very much for inow including the XLSM format input for Alteryx, that is something that I needed for a while, but as I have other clients you us the XLSB, excel binary format, I need to find a way to input that into Alteryx and right back into it.

Please consider making this on a possibility on your next release.

Thank you

DanH

Phoenix Capital would also like to see this format supported. Thanks, Dan

ayushjain
5 - Atom

+1 for .XLSB :)

acastelazo
8 - Asteroid

Agreed. This is very much needed.

torridpsu
5 - Atom

+1 for .xlsb support. 

FFFool
9 - Comet

@PoornimaF Does this qualify as sufficient customer demand?

JohnDoe
8 - Asteroid

Does it have anything to do with licences? Is xlsb a proprietary, undocumented format, while xlsx is a more open (in fact it's a kinf of xml) format?

PoornimaF
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

Hi @FFFool,

I've notified our Data Platforms PM about this request and she will be evaluating this request. Thank you for the notification!

Best,

Poornima