The Product Idea boards have gotten an update to better integrate them within our Product team's idea cycle! However this update does have a few unique behaviors, if you have any questions about them check out our FAQ.

Alteryx Designer Desktop Ideas

Share your Designer Desktop product ideas - we're listening!
Submitting an Idea?

Be sure to review our Idea Submission Guidelines for more information!

Submission Guidelines

Add support of .xlsb file format as input file type

Many files I use are in .xlsb format. 

59 Comments
Pepper
8 - Asteroid

AWESOME!  I cannot wait. 

rohan_tibarewala
9 - Comet

Any update on the ETA for this ?

patrick_digan
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

@rohan_tibarewala 2018.1 shipped yesterday with xlsb support. You can download it from licenses.alteryx.com. The release notes are here.

matthewgriset
5 - Atom

@patrick_digan  I just tried to open a XLSB file without success. 

What connector is to be used as part of the "input data"?

ARich
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)
Status changed to: Implemented

This was part of the 18.1 release.

patrick_digan
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

@matthewgriset xlsb should be an option in the dropdown for the input data tool.

Capture.PNG

If it's not there, you likely need the Access Database 2010 Engine: https://community.alteryx.com/t5/Alteryx-Knowledge-Base/Microsoft-Access-accdb-Input/ta-p/34051. You'll want to install the version compatible with your office installation, which is generally x86.

JustinLine
7 - Meteor

I can't find this in the drop down either. I believe that I have the right add on because I see .accdb in my list. @AlexP mentioned that it was released in 18.1, but my version is 11.8.4.41598?

Edit: In case anyone else runs into this... I reached out to AlexP and she said that I needed to install 2018.1 version. Alteryx didn't let me know of the new version like it usually does, and even checking for updated through the application mentioned that I was up to date.

Here are the release notes and download portal:

https://help.alteryx.com/HelpReleaseNotes/en/releasenotes/designerrelease.html?v=11.8

HasanHb
Alteryx
Alteryx

+1 

JokeFun
8 - Asteroid

We have many cases where XLSB is required as an input. We use macro on Designer Desktop, but it does not work in Gallery.