The Product Idea boards have gotten an update to better integrate them within our Product team's idea cycle! However this update does have a few unique behaviors, if you have any questions about them check out our FAQ.

Alteryx Designer Desktop Ideas

Share your Designer Desktop product ideas - we're listening!
Submitting an Idea?

Be sure to review our Idea Submission Guidelines for more information!

Submission Guidelines

Add "Convert To Text Input" to the right click menu of a Browse tool

This is a QoL-request, and I love me some QoL-updates!

best idea for 2020.png

While I'm developing I often need the output of a workflow as input for the next phase of my development. For example: an API run returns job location, status, and authentication ids. I want to use these in a new workflow to start experimenting what'll work best. Because of the experimenting part, I always do this in a new workflow and not cache and continue in my main flow.

Writing a temporary output file always feels like unnescesary steps, and tbh I don't want to write a file for a step that'll be gone before it reaches production. Esp if there is sensitive information in it.

Thanks.

24 Comments
Kenda
16 - Nebula
16 - Nebula

Great idea and love the image created for this post, too!

Thableaus
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

This should be an easy one to implement. I hate having to copy everything to the clipboard all the time.

CristonS
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)
Status changed to: Revisit

This is not accepted for the short-term, but we will revisit this in the future.

Hollingsworth
12 - Quasar
12 - Quasar

Big fan of this one. Spawning new workflows just to capture fragments introduces drag into the flow.

AkimasaKajitani
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

This is exactly the feature I want.

IraWatt
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

100% I often use the brows tool just to copy the result and paste as text when debugging macros, this would make life easier.

Ruud
10 - Fireball

If you're looking at 47 likes and 9 ACEs wanty this feature, I think it's time to revisit the 'Revisit'-tag @KylieF ;)

Shifty
12 - Quasar

Nice idea.

fmvizcaino
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Simple and useful! 😁

Ruud
10 - Fireball

My middles names! :D