Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!
The Product Idea boards have gotten an update to better integrate them within our Product team's idea cycle! However this update does have a few unique behaviors, if you have any questions about them check out our FAQ.

Alteryx Designer Desktop Ideas

Share your Designer Desktop product ideas - we're listening!
Submitting an Idea?

Be sure to review our Idea Submission Guidelines for more information!

Submission Guidelines

Add option to scheduler to schedule bi-weekly workflows.

We need an option to schedule a continuous bi-weekly payroll workflow. It is every two weeks starting on a certain day of a week. Some months have 3 and other have 2. If we had an option to select the starting day in a particular month and then select bi-weekly bullet (or every 2 weeks) from that date it would be perfect. thanks

5 Comments
Claje
14 - Magnetar

Adding on to this, being able to specify a number of days between each run would be really helpful.  We have some processes which run on a 30 day period, and currently that has to be manually scheduled for each run if we use the Alteryx Scheduler.

For a bi-weekly run, you could set it to run every 14 days after a certain date, which would accomplish the same thing.

wlhale
7 - Meteor

I guess technically it is possible to set the schedule to start on a certain date and then repeat every 336 hours (for bi-weekly 24 X 14). However this could be a problem when Daylight savings time starts/ends. I'm going to do this for now but i think the start on a date and repeat every N number of days or biweekly would be a better approach if it can be added.

mckeyes
5 - Atom

The maximum hours you can enter in a schedule is 99. An option for interval would be very beneficial. We have a use-case for our bi-weekly pay periods.

Nosal25
8 - Asteroid

adding a vote in the affirmative...The function would be useful for our bi-weekly pay cycles as well.

AlteryxCommunityTeam
Alteryx Community Team
Alteryx Community Team
Status changed to: Accepting Votes